PR Manager (in house)
This privately-owned, fast growth company, with a great brand and story, invests in entrepreneurial individuals and industries with big thinking, world-changing ideas.
Based in central London, with over 500 employees, they now have hundreds of thousands of customers and their investment has put more than £5 million into the UK economy.
They describe themselves as a challenger brand, despite being established for nearly 20 years, because they're super ambitious and want to continue to grow their consumer / household presence. This PR Manager role is a vital part of this growth and would suit someone equally as ambitious and entrepreneurial, that genuinely wants to make a difference to the success of a business.
The role: PR Manager
The company is looking to hire an experienced in house PR manager to join its growing team and focus on raising the company's consumer profile. You'll be joining a 40-strong Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Communications Director, with a Communications Executive, for support.
This role will be responsible for raising the profile of the company amongst consumers using integrated communications campaigns and corporate communications strategy. The aim is for more people in the UK to have heard of the company, understand what they do and know why they should care.
What are they looking for?:
- First and foremost, a well established corporate comms professional, with experience working on big consumer brands (either agency or in house)
- Around 60% of this role is working with the Head of Content and Head of Digital to develop integrated campaigns to get more consumers talking about the company. Therefore this person will need to have strong integrated experience, not just be a traditional press officer / media relations focused PR.
- That being said, media relations is part of the role - therefore they'd like someone with national, consumer media contacts, especially in enterprise / business pages
- The Founders of the company are a great asset for PR, and therefore experience of raising executive profiles, for example via speaker opportunities, is important
- Reputation management is at the heart of this role - you should know about how to manage risk, the media and stakeholders
- You should also have a strong enthusiasm and knowledge of digital PR and how this can work alongside traditional - for example how PR and media content can drive SEO
- Finally, but most importantly, attitude is everything for them. They need someone with bags of energy and enthusiasm, that will thrive on the opportunity to take ownership integrated communications. You should have the humility to listen and learn, but the gravitas and spirit to hold your own when talking to stakeholders and senior internal executives.
The successful PR Manager will be offered a basic salary between £40k and £50k, depending on experience. Additionally:
- Non-contributory pension scheme
- Private health insurance for the whole family
- Life and critical illness cover
- Income protection
- Childcare vouchers.
If you have the relevant experience for this PR Manager role, please don't hesitate to contact Alexandra on email@example.com or 0203 826 1222.