Missive is a communications consultancy for the technology industry. We exist with the sole aim of delivering a material impact – both to our clients and to the lives of our staff.
We work across the breath of the tech industry, with globally renowned brands and some of the UK’s most exciting startups. We are looking for a dynamic Account Manager to join our team.
This job is for you if:
- You care. About the future of PR, about the difference you make to clients, about the impact you have on your team and about your opportunity to evolve our business.
- You’ve had some experience as an Account Manager and you’re looking to grow these skills and start taking even more responsibility for the day-to-day running of busy client accounts
- You have worked in PR and communications (in-house or agency) for at least three years and have some experience working with B2B or technology clients.
- You have a talent for translating complex subjects – in both written and verbal form – to capture the attention of the media, your clients and colleagues.
- You have a thirst for news and an exceptional knowledge of the media and influencer landscape with views on how its evolution will impact businesses.
- You are willing and able to support junior members of the team in their learning and development by providing clear feedback and considered advice
- You want to develop line management skills and responsibilities
- You want to learn how to translate day-to-day management into strategic client counsel
- You want to make your mark on a growing business and you’re excited to be part of the Missive growth story
The job involves:
- Running 4-6 client account/s from beginning to end, taking responsibility for delivery of the monthly schedule of work (with support from an account director)
- Devising the monthly schedule of work in line with budget expectations; delegating monthly deliverables across the team
- Acting as a problem solver and ‘first filter’ for day-to-day account activities
- Selecting appropriate tactics relevant to clients’ business needs, drawing on knowledge of multiple PR and digital channels
- Creating and drafting PR content to a high standard and flexing your writing to suit different channels and audiences
- Having a solid influencer/media knowledge and demonstrating ability to extend it for new clients and briefs
- Ensuring reporting for the client is regularly and consistently delivered in line with expectations
- Being a strong role model and leading junior team members; Effectively communicating feedback on work to junior members of the team and assisting in their learning and development
- Contributing to new business proposals and playing an active role in pitch meetings
- Contributing to Missive’s growth story through creative content, networking and joining other initiatives across the team.
What you will get from Missive:
Supercharged career development: You will be working in a high-quality agency that’s growing at pace, giving everyone opportunities to develop. You’ll have access to company- wide Missive Academy courses, in house experts and an Executive Coach for personal and career coaching. We also offer tailored training days to help you develop the professional and personal skills you want. If you want to try something new, put your hand up and it’s yours!
A host of benefits: Annual tech & wellbeing allowance, a day off for your birthday (or an alternative day if you do want to come in and eat cake), flexible working, a sabbatical for long service, and the annual company trip – the ‘Missive Massive’.
A great office environment: Missive is based in WeWork Moorgate – a young and lively co- working space. You will receive global WeWork membership, giving you access to any WeWork building in the world, unlimited coffee, biscuits, showers and bike storage, free breakfast on a Monday and an open invite to a huge range of networking and events. Once inside Missive’s own office, you’ll also benefit from sporting sweepstakes, regular tea runs and (questionable) Spotify playlists.
And a competitive package: We offer highly competitive salaries, a bonus for referring new staff or clients, an annual bonus based on personal and company performance and regular social events in the office and around London.
If you like the sound of joining Missive, please send the following via the form below:
- A recent copy of your CV
- A cover letter which includes a recent PR campaign you have worked on and why you would be an outstanding addition to the Missive team (please use "Upload additional Files" section below to upload your cover letter)
We look forward to hearing from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.