Intern (Paid) - Global Impact,Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our team brings together experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with major foundations, NGOs, philanthropists and purpose-led businesses.
We have an unrivalled strategic counsel and an integrated team experienced in delivering for high-profile individuals and some of the most exciting organisations in sustainable development.
Our journalistic expertise means we know how to spot and hone a story. Our team understands how to make a story work hard across every possible channel. We ensure the work we are doing is having the right impact with the right people.
We also provide expert advice and delivery in the digital world, taking in the complex interactions of social media.
The Intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the Global Impact team:
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Executives and Consultants
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Executives and Consultants for designated client projects
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books
- Preparing activity reports for clients
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload
- Have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English
- Have knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs
- Have experience of Public Affairs, politics and campaigning
- Have experience in journalism, blogging and social media
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.