Director - Disputes, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland has a specialist Disputes practice. We run national and international campaigns, covering multiple jurisdictions and languages, and encompassing complex legal, political and financial considerations.
We work alongside lawyers and other senior advisors to ensure that our clients’ wider interests are protected, and their legal and commercial strategies reinforced.
Led by a qualified barrister and solicitor, the practice is ranked in Band One by the Chambers and Partners guide for Litigation Support.
The practice has more than doubled in size in the past two years and continues to grow rapidly.
The work is challenging but rewarding.
The Director role is the most senior position at Portland before becoming Partner.
The candidate will be directly responsible for running the team, managing high-value client relationships, consistently delivering exceptional client work, and winning new business. They will have deep experience in their field and a recognized reputation in the market.
The candidate will need to be a strategic thinker with the ability to analyse and resolve complex client issues. He or she must also be a strong leader with excellent team management skills.
As a senior member of the practice within a global agency, the candidate must also be able to foster a culture of collaboration. This will mean providing ongoing mentorship of team members, and building relationships across the wider Portland network.
- Focus on solving often complex client problems
- Ensure those solutions are successfully executed to the highest standard possible
- Grow and manage the practice offer across different specialties and different regions (including the UK, Europe, CIS, Middle East, North and East Africa, the US and SE Asia)
- Grow and manage the practice team, implementing essential structures and recruiting strong candidates as needed
- Raise the profile of the practice through networking and public speaking, including representing Portland at conferences and other speaking engagements
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have industry experience, ideally this will be in the relevant practice of a respected international communications agency
- Have extensive experience developing and implementing communication strategies
- Have strong commercial and account management experience, including planning and budgeting on high-value accounts
- Strong media skills and long-standing relationships with key journalists will, for this role, be an asset
- Proven ability both to grow business organically, and to identify and secure new business opportunities
- A proven ability to develop and sustain high-level and demanding client relationships
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Director (In-House) CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Director (In-House) CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Director (In-House) CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Director (In-House) CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Director (In-House) CSR jobs in London (Central)