Associate Director - Corporate Comms - Global Philanthropy Team - Prestigious Top 10 Agency –London
Associate Director – Corporate Comms - Global Philanthropy Team – Prestigious Top 10 Agency – London – to £70,000 - PLUS additional bonus & profit share
My client is a prestigious Top 10 agency who help major brands tell their story clearly and successfully. As trusted advisors to some of the world’s largest corporate, public, government and not-for-profit clients, they advise on strategic communications, public affairs and digital engagement. But where they excel is bringing all these disciplines together for truly integrated campaigns
In the past three years, my client has doubled in size and today, more than 150 professionals are delivering creative campaigns and senior strategic counsel to clients around the world from five offices in London, New York, Washington, Nairobi and Doha.
My client is now seeking an experienced Associate Director to join the Global Philanthropy & Impact Team, a dedicated practice that supports a range of international clients.
Their clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets especially Africa and the middle east. The multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning.
- The role is to manage day-to-day activity on major accounts. You will lead on, among other things: developing international media and political engagement strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing advice on policy and media issues; overseeing the development of research briefs, and cultivating relationships with journalists and political contacts.
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals.
- Manage the day-to-day work of your account teams, reporting to Partners.
- Play a key business development role as part of the senior team to drive the growth of the practice.
- Support the management and development of the unit and line manage more junior members of the team.
- The role is based in the London office with regular international travel.
Skills and competencies
- This role requires an individual with a strong background in communications, who thrives on managing complex issues and projects. You will be commercially driven and ambitious to help develop a talented team in a fast-growing consultancy
- Agency experience is essential, preferably at a leading communications consultancy
- Demonstrable expertise in developing integrated media strategy, managing and implementing insight-led communications campaigns
- Experience managing accounts and bringing teams together to achieve their objectives, with excellent people skills
- Strong business development expertise, with experience in writing proposals
- Excellent problem solving capabilities with a strong point of view on the industry. A strong mix of media, digital and political/policy capabilities is required
- Managing teams and clients, and developing a high performance culture, leading by example.
- Experience working with global foundations and media into Africa and/or the middle east.
My client has an unrivaled strategic counsel; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media, from Communications Secretary to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, to Political Editor of The Sun, and Director of Communications at No.10.
Their clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so too do their people. My client is committed to career development and have an open doors culture. Both through your client work, and through the structured training programme delivered by my client’s strategic counsel, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
In addition to a competitive basic salary up to £70,000 you will be eligible for my client’s industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When my client does well, all of their people share in that success.
The remuneration package also includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as competitive pension scheme, company contribution to gym membership, Bupa healthcare and free daily breakfast.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to email@example.com