Senior Account Manager / Account Director
Don’t Cry Wolf is looking for a PR superstar to join the team and work with some of our exciting clients in the B2B technology space.
The right type of person for Don’t Cry Wolf is someone who shares our values of honesty and utmost integrity, has a great sense of humour, and a low tolerance for bulls**t.
Don’t Cry Wolf doesn’t really do 9am – 5pm. Instead, we set objectives and expectations and everyone is treated like an adult and trusted to fulfil their obligations. That means that every individual can decide where they work so long as we plan to meet up about once per week to make sure that we don’t lose sight of our objectives and day-to-day activity.
Don’t Cry Wolf is also a BCorp. We fundamentally believe that we can turn a profit and do good in our world. So, we’re ethical in how we conduct business, we’re always on the hunt for that opportunity to improve someone’s life and we are obsessed with minimising our environmental footprint.
What are we expecting?
- The ability to spin multiple plates and keep clients engaged and excited about the work we’re doing
- Managing juniors and freelancers to make sure we’re hitting our objectives and reaching metrics for clients
- Development of written content including press releases, bylines, blogs and event invitations/materials
- Confident creation of media strategy that is tailored to the client, news agenda and target journalists and influencers
- Creating strong relationships with clients, the team and proactively keeping team members in the loop on activity
- A proactive attitude to identifying topics and trends that clients should be part of and a love of generating coverage
- Experience of working on integrated campaigns and overseeing everything from paid social campaign, to PR and content marketing
- Client and task management, including reporting, tracking results and contributing to client reviews
- Knowledge of key tools for identifying and handling opportunities, tracking results and keeping abreast of the latest news, including Buzz Sumo and Cision
Experience and knowledge
- Demonstrates creativity and immersion in all kinds of media
- Proficient in creating media strategy and various media assets to a high standard
- Experience in proactively sourcing and managing media opportunities and following them through to fruition
- Has the ability to act fast to jump on an emerging trend or idea
- Proven ability to build relationships with clients and influencers; a little black book of media contacts, including those you could call if you found yourself in a bind, is a must
- Attention to detail. There won’t be multiple people checking your work so you’ll need to have an eye for typos and grammatical errors
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills
- Great grasp of the blogging ecosystem
- Independent and able to get stuff done
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and either handle using conflict resolution principles or escalate where necessary to senior team
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Health Insurance (including mental health and dental)
- Totally flexible working
- Time to work on charitable projects
- 12 weeks full pay maternity OR paternity leave
- Training and development plan, including personal objectives
Closing Date: 26/05/2019