SLC’ s purpose is:
Connecting people in travel to inspire life-changing experiences. By providing the vital connection between tourism products, the travel trade and the media, SLC aims to inspire customers to travel to its destinations and works with the travel trade to make booking that life-changing trip as easy as possible.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join our team working on key SLC client PR accounts.
About the role:
In this PR role you will work across a range of travel clients with the opportunity to grow within a passionate hands-on agency. You will be responsible for writing press releases, responding to media enquiries, spotting media opportunities and pitching to media as well as assisting with a journalist hosting programme. You will quickly build up events experience, managing all logistics from train journeys and booking hotels to organising media meetings during client visits to the UK, arranging the operations for events such as media lunches, experiential stunts and media briefings at trade shows. You will need to be highly organised, proactive with a creative mind and an opportunistic eye to ensure client expectations are exceeded.
You will work under the direction of your Manager and will split your time between working from the SLC offices in Wimbledon and one of our client’s offices in central London.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Research and prepare media audits
- Research and plan annual content calendars
- Write press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and advertorial pieces
- Pitch press releases by phone, in person meetings and via email to media
- Arrange client meetings with media during in market visits including all necessary briefings and logistics for the meetings
- Identify, invite and manage all arrangements for press trips (some escorting may be required)
- Arranging and attending clients and industry events
- Prepare regular monthly coverage reporting of media clippings and EAV to clients
- Brain storm ideas for PR and travel trade campaigns
- Be responsible for client’s monthly calls from preparing the agenda, to minuting actions and following up to ensure these are executed by yourself, Manager and the clients to gain the very best results
- Work along-side other team members to ensure a seamless delivery of client’s services
- Ensure that the minimum service levels for each client are met and exceeded
What attributes will you need to be successful:
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Copywriting skills – including spelling, grammar and proof -reading with a flair for writing engaging copy
- Strong interpersonal skills – be approachable, friendly and professional
- Good presentation skills
- An ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
- Be proactive and driven
- Sound organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
- Prepared to travel in the UK, Ireland, Europe and world-wide as needed
- Time management skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and be a team player
- Minimum of one years in a similar role
What else might help?
- A sense of humour, fun and curiosity
- An understanding of the travel industry
- Passion for travel and destination PR
- PR / Media Communications or related degree
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00 – 5.30 (37.5-hour week) with flexible working patterns available
Benefits: Holiday: 25 days (per calendar year + bank holidays); Pension; Flexible working hours; Gym membership
Closing Date: 01/06/2019
Apply for PR Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly