Senior PR Manager (FTC)
We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partners’ lives as we do it.
To help us in our ongoing mission to champion the nation’s best small creative businesses, we need a talented, creative and media savvy Senior PR Manager who can own press campaign idea generation and execution on behalf of the business.
Leading an in-house team, you will own all campaign and product press outreach. You’ll also lead on devising consumer messaging and creating engaging, exciting stories that encapsulate our brand essence and are anchored around our overarching marketing campaigns and Partner businesses.
You will have real strategic vision and will continue to drive passion and life into our brand positioning. Positive, intelligent and intuitive you will impress us with a dynamic, strategic and visionary approach alongside a contacts book that’s fit to bursting with influential editors, journalists and influencers.
Reporting to the Brand & Engagement Director, you’ll engage the nation’s press and their readers on a daily basis. You will continually introduce key press to our latest products, ranges and collaborations, the inspirational small businesses we support and our executive team keeping the brand front of mind via a robust media outreach strategy.
You will work collaboratively with the Brand & Engagement Director to lead the delivery of PR across the full breadth of PR disciplines and bring PR strategy to life by devising and implementing trailblazing activities.
Some of the things you'll be doing
- Develop a brand communications strategy that delivers our brand purpose and can be amplified across our paid, owned and earned media, including through partnerships and collaborations
- Implementing a strategic consumer PR plan that supports the overarching marketing and communications strategy effectively telling the brand story across all earned media channels
- Being responsible for all notonthehighstreet’s consumer media relations activity encompassing product, campaign and Partner business activity
- Building impactful relationships with our community of business Partners (sellers), ensuring that their incredible stories, products and businesses are at the heart of all activity and that messaging regarding our support of Partners is communicated effectively externally
- Taking the lead on creative idea generation and execution across all national and regional consumer media channels
- Managing our influencer strategy, establishing and building long-standing relationships with influencers to regularly create and deliver content for all key gifting occasions, including on-going moments such as birthdays and weddings
- Working closely with the broader Marketing team to ensure that PR activity is integrated within and supports strategically all the core marketing campaigns, aligned to the business’s trading plans and seasonal calendar and derived from true customer insight
- Working collaboratively with other internal teams to develop column inch grabbing events, partnerships and collaborations
- Collaborating with the social and content teams to amplify press coverage and build content which inspires key press and influencers and has potential virality
What we need…
- An excellent communicator who is adept at managing and adapting a consistent message based on the audience and has true empathy for the notonthehighstreet brand
- Strong motivator of teams and experienced in influencing other business departments to deliver in partnership with them
- Ability to manage multiple projects, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Self-starter with high energy and initiative - able to manage up, down and across the organisation.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to work in a fast-paced organisation
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise, ensuring capability to work at a detailed level while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
…and some other key skills & experience you’ll need
- Experience of managing influencers in-house
- Significant PR experience in strong consumer brands, ideally gained both in-house and agency
- Wide-ranging experience working with all press across on and offline – including national, consumer and trade press and a first class book of relevant journalist contacts
- Rich and compelling understanding and passion for the notonthehighstreet brand and customer base
- Strong management and leadership skills and experience of developing junior team members
- Ability to measure, understand and articulate to the business at large the value of PR activity and show ROI
- Strong influence and strategic thinking, ability to challenge when needed
- Thrive in a fast paced environment and have the flexibility to adapt to change
- Contract negotiation and partnerships
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!