Communications Manager, charity
My client, a world renowned healthcare charity, is looking for a Communications Manager to help run its busy team. This is a wonderful opportunity to take on an exciting and important third sector comms role.
On a day to day basis you will:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the corporate communications strategy
• Play a key role with maintaining the website, including developing new content and keeping existing content up to date
• Play a key role in implementing the digital and social media strategy
• Develop external communications content
• Assist with event management activities, including attendance onsite at national and international locations when required
• Oversee the filming of footage at congresses, internal meetings and for training purposes
• Lead on internal communications activities
• Update and monitor the correct application of the charity’s brand guidelines, editorial style guidelines and key messages
• Liaise with the communications agency, website development agency, designers and other partners as necessary
• Develop corporate communications copy for external articles and press materials
• Manage the development of responses to media enquiries
For this role proven communications and events experience is essential as is experience in writing copy for healthcare audiences. You must have website and social media management experience and strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail. As this is a significant role within the charity you will need to demonstrate flexible and effective project management, communication and negotiation skills as well as strong and proven interpersonal skills.
This would be the perfect job for someone who wants to move from a healthcare agency to a charity role or for someone who wants to progress in the charity sector.