Consultant (Fin Comms) - Corporate, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
As the Consultant you will manage and ensure an oversight for the portfolio of clients. The account manager will make a strong contribution to key business objectives through campaigns and support the senior team with the management of clients.
You will have a track record in financial public relations with broader profile, reputation and crisis management skills to help define and tell our clients’ equity stories.
You will be an expert in your field with the ability to develop and deliver impactful communications strategies and campaigns, generating excellent results and giving strong strategic direction.
- Working as part of an account team in developing strategies from formulation through to execution aligning them with the client’s key business objectives
- Contributing to new business pitches, proposals and presentations
- Building relationships with colleagues, clients and the media
- Working as part of an account team to develop client proposals and implement the PR activity
- Writing “journalist quality” press releases promoting news stories and features to the media
- Liaise with the client and act as key point of contact in support of senior consultants
- Assisting in the reporting, analysis and evaluation of PR campaigns
- Attending industry events on behalf of Portland
- Managing and promoting client events to the media, including press conferences and promotional events
- Participating in brainstorms and creating workable programmes for new business and existing clients commissioning market research
- Actively researching new business opportunities and participating in proposals and presenting to pitches to potential new clients
- Contributing to the resolution of client crisis situations
- Manage junior team members and act as a trainer to junior consultants and also oversee and monitor their workload.
- Building a strong agency peer network
- Ensuring there is an established personal professional online presence
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have well established experience in a relevant in-house organisations or PR or Communications Agency
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have excellent written and communications skills. Experienced in copy drafting or press releases
- Be able to develop news – understand how to draft research questions and find a news angle within the results. Working alongside the Account lead to develop into a news release
- Open communicator, happy working in a flexible team format
- Have a passion to push things forward
- Social proficiency media – blogger liaison, outreach copy, content calendars and awareness or practice at working on multiple platforms
- Be used to operating in a fast-paced environment
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Account Manager Financial PR jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Services Senior Account Manager Financial PR jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Account Manager Financial PR jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Senior Account Manager Financial PR jobs in London (Central)