Consultant - Local Campaigns (Corporate), Top PR Agency, London, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland’s Local expertise ranges from contentious planning applications and major infrastructure projects, through to community campaigns and stakeholder engagement.
As part of our work, we enable a number of the UK’s leading businesses and organizations to engage effectively with local communities and decision makers.
From advising on the practical implications of the devolution agenda, to the impact of new models of local service provision, our specialist team helps clients to understand emerging risks and opportunities in a rapidly evolving policy and political landscape.
As a consultant, you will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy.
- You will be a primary day to day contact for clients and establish a long term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda, local government, planning and development and, most importantly, the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot.
- The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- You will also be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to wider activities in Portland’s Corporate team, from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have 2-4 years proven experience gained in a communications role with a focus on local government or planning and development.
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality local communications campaigns, and to explain why they met the client or organisation’s objective.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape, including local political campaigning, and how this impacts clients.
What we offer in return:
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.