Senior Consultant - Government Advisory, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland Government Advisory helps governments and leaders to build, profile and protect reputations.
Our work focuses on equipping governments with the skills and tools to communicate in a fast-paced environment, enhancing their reach and impact with international audiences, and helping them to excel with the latest thinking.
We are passionate about helping deliver real change, and our team brings experience at the highest levels of government. Through offices in London, Doha, Nairobi, Washington DC, and Singapore we have supported governments across five continents.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our Government Advisory team. This is an exciting leadership role within an international team and working for a range of prestigious government and public sector clients.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and commercially-minded individual who brings proven experience in the fields of international media and politics. You will have at least seven to eight years’ communications experience, ideally gained within an agency and/or in government.
- Directing key accounts and projects for major international clients, including full oversight and management of strategic and tactical activity;
- Building contacts at a senior level with clients and providing strategic counsel and advice across all areas of media, digital and public diplomacy;
- Leading a team to deliver for clients across accounts, driving a culture of creativity, excellence and ambition for clients;
- Working flexibly as part of an international team and able to travel and operate overseas for periods of time as required;
- Leading on new business proposals and pitches, including identifying and cultivating new leads;
- Supporting the management and development of the unit, including coaching and managing junior team members;
- Playing a key role in the Senior Management team of the unit.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have extensive communications experience across a range of disciplines, including media, digital and public diplomacy;
- Have proven experience delivering large-scale, integrated communications programmes and campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels;
- Have proven management skills and be able to demonstrate personal experience leading projects and teams, ideally internationally;
- Have a clear interest and expertise in international affairs;
- Be commercially-driven with previous business development experience;
- Have strong personal presentation skills both oral and written;
- Be prepared to work flexibly, including travel overseas for periods of time;
- Have excellent problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach.
- Additional languages
- Experience working internationally
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated