Account Manager: Work from home
Irvine Partners is a PR consultancy with offices in South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya. We have expanded into the UK alongside some of our clients who now require dedicated support in Britain.
We are looking for a creative, dedicated, hardworking and capable Account Manager to work across a range of financial services and real estate clients ( commercial and resi). Some tech experience wouldn’t go amiss either.
This position requires a strong personality who will get the job done and does not require constant supervision.
The job includes, but is not limited to developing strategies for clients, creating tacticals and editorial calendars, writing pitches and editorial content, and liaising with clients. You will have to own client relationships and work with exceptional organisational and relationship skills to maintain these accounts.
You need to be a pitch demon, an excellent time manager and understand that PR is all about client service. A minimum of four years of agency experience is required.
This is a hit-the-ground-running position. You must know the business of PR inside out, and will be required to back up your CV claims with writing and pitch tests, as well as a demonstration of sound knowledge of the media landscape.
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients
- High-level client liaison and development of communications strategy/activation plans/contractual undertakings as directed by managing director /CEO
- Translate client business needs into PR communications
- Writing, editing and/or subbing extensive documentation including, but not limited to, press releases, opinion pieces, strategic proposals and tactical roll-outs
- Overseeing the client activities, including attending weekly or bi-weekly status meetings as directed by the managing director / CEO or directly by client
- Implementation of communications strategy/activation plans
- Editing and subbing skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Overseeing client activities
- Day-to-day running of accounts
- Continually growing and cultivating a solid media contact base
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and follow through
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communications skill
- Demonstrate excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Ensure that all activity is delivered to deadline
- Ensure that deliverables are of required and exceeded standard
- Demonstrate good time management and teamwork
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude
- Have the ability to multitask
- Have the ability to manage stress
- Be detail-orientated
Please email a CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the person we are looking for. All successful candidates will be notified via email correspondence.