Senior Consultant - Disputes, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Portland has a specialist Disputes practice. We run national and international campaigns, covering multiple jurisdictions and languages, and encompassing complex legal, political and financial considerations.
We work alongside lawyers and other senior advisors to ensure that our clients’ wider interests are protected, and their legal and commercial strategies reinforced.
Led by a qualified barrister and solicitor, the practice is ranked in Band One by the Chambers and Partners guide for Litigation Support.
The practice has more than doubled in size in the past two years and continues to grow rapidly.
The work is challenging but rewarding.
The Senior Consultant role is an exciting leadership position within an international team.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and commercially-minded individual who brings proven experience in the fields of international media and politics. They will have at least seven to eight years’ communications experience, ideally gained within an agency.
Alongside practice’s senior management, the candidate will be responsible for running the team, managing high-value client relationships, consistently delivering exceptional client work, and helping to win new business.
The candidate will need to be a strategic thinker with the ability to analyse and resolve complex client issues. He or she must also be a strong leader with excellent team management skills.
- Focus on solving often complex client problems
- Ensure those solutions are successfully executed to the highest standard possible.
- Direct key accounts and projects for major international clients, including full oversight and management of strategic and tactical activity
- Lead on new business proposals and pitches, including identifying and cultivating new leads across different specialties and different regions (including the UK, Europe, CIS, Middle East, North and East Africa, the US and SE Asia)
- Build contacts at a senior level with clients and provide strategic counsel and advice across all areas of media and digital
- Support the management and development of the unit, including coaching and managing junior team members
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have industry experience, ideally this will be in the relevant practice of a respected international communications agency
- Have robust project and team management skills and be able to demonstrate personal experience leading projects and teams, ideally internationally
- Have proven experience delivering large-scale, integrated communications programmes and campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- Have strong commercial and account management experience, including planning and budgeting on high-value accounts
- Have proven ability to develop and sustain high-level and demanding client relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a data-driven approach.
- Strong media skills and long-standing relationships with key journalists will be an asset
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Associate Director CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Associate Director CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Associate Director CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Associate Director CSR jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Associate Director CSR jobs in London (Central)