Senior Consultant, Government Advisory, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
7 days left
- Contract Type
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, New York, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
Our Doha office is Portland’s headquarters in the Middle East.
Our team brings experience from the highest levels of the media, politics, and campaigning to work with high-profile public-sector clients.
We run national and international campaigns, covering multiple territories and languages, that encompass complex political considerations.
We work with clients at the highest-level, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Our office in Qatar has more than doubled in size in the past two years and continues to grow rapidly. The work is challenging, and the environment is unique.
You will be responsible for assisting in the direction and coordination of an international team of over 20 consultants. As part of the global leadership team, you will help develop overall client strategy and direction.
Your role in our global Government Advisory unit means you will sit alongside the practice’s senior management and will be responsible for managing high-value client relationships, consistently delivering exceptional client work, and helping to win new business.
You will be adaptable and relish a challenge. As a strategic thinker with the ability to analyse and resolve complex client issues you will be able to understand and explain evolving policy and challenges quickly and effectively.
- Direct key accounts and projects for major public sector clients, including full oversight and management of strategic and tactical activity
- Build contacts at a senior level with clients and provide strategic counsel and advice across all areas of strategy, media, digital and public diplomacy
- Work with clients to solve complex issues and ensure solutions are successfully executed to the highest standard possible
- Leading a team to deliver for clients, working flexibly with international offices, and driving a culture of creativity, excellence and ambition
- Support the management and development of account teams, including coaching and managing junior team members
- Playing a key role in the Senior Management team of the office and global Government Advisory unit
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
You must have:
- Managed a team and be an instinctive communicator with excellent team management skills
- Extensive communications experience across a range of disciplines, including media, digital and public diplomacy
- Proven experience delivering large-scale communications programmes and campaigns across paid, owned and earned channels
- At least seven to eight years’ communications experience, gained within a public sector or agency environment. You will have government experience and expertise
- Robust project and team management skills and be able to demonstrate personal experience leading projects and teams, ideally internationally
- Flawless writing skills and experience directing content across multiple channels
- Strong personal and presentation skills, and a proven ability to develop and sustain high-level relationships
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with experience analysing complex situations and data and explaining these to clients and colleagues
- Strong media and journalist network
- Additional languages, particularly Arabic
- Experience working internationally
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Manager (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Business / Industrial Manager (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Government Manager (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar
- Media and New Media Manager (In-House) Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Qatar