Senior Media Officer
**3 month, temp to perm contract**
VMAGROUP is working with a national trade union for medical doctors and professional association on an exciting temp to perm opportunity as a Senior Media Officer. The role sits in a busy press office function of 8 people, working on multiple issues in the media.
This organisation has a large communications and public affairs function, and is well supported across internal communications, external communications, web, digital and content, as well as public affairs. The importance that communications plays in the reputation and output of an organisation is fully recognised. The issues they cover are regularly in the media and topical, if you are a fast pace and engaging media relations professional, then this would be an interesting opportunity for you to explore.
- Provide strategic and tactical media and public relations advice across the organisation
- Write press releases, articles and letters for both online and print publications
- Manage broadcast media opportunities
- Devise and arrange media training
- Deal with media in crisis communications
- Experience working with healthcare or membership organisations
- Proven ability working in a busy press office, managing multiple projects at one time
- Journalism experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across different teams to engage with the media
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders to create engaging stories to engage with the media on
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.