Lead Media Relations Manager
Are you passionate, curious and driven with heaps of enthusiasm? Can you share your amazing communication skills? Will you help us to build our brand to create even more fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Media Relations Manager, you will enhance Metro Bank’s reputation with its key external stakeholders, including media and third parties. You will take responsibility in responding to media enquiries and customer complaints. As part of your role, you will research and write press releases, speeches, briefings, presentations, articles, blogs, Q&A’s and other communication materials. You will be the protector of our brand and you will lead on creating a profile for Metro Bank that increases brand awareness and creates fans.
So what would you be doing?...
• Creating programmes of activity and campaigns that help us reach our commercial and operational objectives
• Anticipating and identifying issues that may have an impact on Metro Bank and providing insight, analysis and counsel to leaders, including the executive leadership team
• Engaging with your colleagues to build and safeguard the reputation of Metro Bank
• Promoting Metro Bank and our expertise – identifying potential stories, news hooks and opportunities for campaigns
• Running a proactive media relationship programme for key spokespeople with print, online and broadcast media
• Acting as primary spokesperson when issues arise
• Working closely with PR Agencies and creative/design teams
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Naturally, you will hold experience as an External Communications Manager either within agency or financial services
• You will have a good working knowledge of listing rules and investor relations
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you will have financial reporting and consumer PR experience
• You’ve got to be comfortable with issues management
• We need you to have an amazing knowledge on social media and media relations