Alexandra Palace is the iconic north London venue that offers everything you need for an extraordinary event or great day out with the benefit of some of the best panoramic views of London. Ally Pally, as it is lovingly known, hosts exhibitions, live music, live sport and corporate events throughout the year.
The Communications Manager will manage all internal and external communications for Alexandra Park and Palace Charitable Trust and its Trading subsidiary, developing and implementing a communications strategy that raises and maintains the profile of our charitable aims and exciting events programme.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Develop and implement the communications strategy to raise and maintain the profile of Alexandra Park and Palace
- Liaise with internal departments to generate communication plans that meets the organisations strategic and delivery objectives
- Raise the profile of the Trust’s charitable purposes to generate engagement, support and an audience base for new programmes and events
- Lead the development of Alexandra Palace content across a range of social media, website, blog and other relevant channels, to ensure content and messages are consistent and coordinated.
- Manage all reactive and proactive media contact, operating as the organisation’s first point of contact for all media enquiries.
- Lead on the Trust’s corporate communications, working closely with the CEO and Executive Team to deliver against strategic objectives, ensure stakeholders are aware of our activities and impact.
- Manage and coordinate internal communications so that internal stakeholders are informed of organisational news, issues and direction.
- Work with Head of Marketing and Communications to review and develop our approach to crisis communications.
- Significant communications experience across a wide range of channels with a track record of creating engaging, audience appropriate content
- Experience in developing and delivering successful communication strategies
- Excellent project management and organisational skills with proven ability to coordinate a number of projects and tasks with competing deadlines
- Experience of reactive and proactive media relations
- Experience of how media channels operate, how to gain PR coverage for an organisation and how to sell to influence feature writers, news desks and relevant trade journalists.
- Strategic and commercially minded approach to communications
- Outstanding writing skills and excellent proofreading and copy editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Degree in journalism, PR, communications or related subject or equivalent qualification
- Experience of negotiating with suppliers
- Effective analytical and numerical skills including the ability to work with statistical information
- Knowledge of the entertainment and / or heritage sector
- Knowledge of print design and production
- Familiar with content management systems, social media channels and analytics.
This is not an exhaustive list. Please see the JOB PACK for further details.
Candidates should apply with a CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role.
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 29th June 2019