Senior Corporate Communications Manager - Commercial topics
As a Senior Corporate Communications Manager for Marketing and AdTech, you are responsible for international media relations focused on Zalando’s marketing and advertising technology business including Zalando Marketing Services (ZMS), brand and performance marketing as well as distributed commerce. You work as part of the Media Relations team of Zalando’s Corporate Communications in Berlin.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop, align and implement an integrated corporate communication strategy for Zalando’s marketing businesses that creates tangible value for the company and positions us as thought leader in Europe
- Craft compelling stories and identify opportunities in corporate media to hijack news and/or mitigate potential risks. Think outside the box and trial new formats but also know how to handle sensitive topics confidently
- Have a solid network of press contacts in the relevant set of media, opinion leaders and organization representatives. Steer and coordinate communication activities of external partner agencies across our European markets
- Act as trusted communications consultant towards relevant internal stakeholders across all management levels up to Management Board
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Several years of professional experience in journalism and/ or media relations, focused on corporate communications. Work experience in an international, high-growth environment with focus on e-commerce/ marketing is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Language skills in German are a plus but not mandatory
- Strong appetite for industry-wide trends (digitalisation, platform business, machine learning) and advertising technology. Knowledge how to leverage them to put our business and teams on the agenda of relevant audiences
- Capability to break down complex issues into snackable stories. Deep knowledge of how to develop appealing media pitches, yet with a passion to challenge the status quo and existing routines. Hands-on approach and curious mind
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices in Berlin, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 27 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and ways of working our teams choose to use.