PR Manager – Regional Law-Firm – Flexible Working
An exceptional law firm that is based in Kent is looking for a PR Manager to join their 250-person team. They are happy to allow the successful candidate a 4-day week with a day of remote working or shorter days depending on your desired work/life balance.
The individual will need to proactively cultivate excellent relationships with top tier print, digital and broadcast journalists and possess strong stakeholder management skills including the ability to provide high quality advice to the partnership and other marketing colleagues to drive success. Analysing and reporting on the firm’s media activity is another key part of the job. You need to be able to keep track of industry trends, competitor activities and the wider business news agenda to ensure the firm has a relevant voice on the issues that matter to the firm and their clients.
- Coordinate all public relations activities for the firm
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, key messages, goals, budget and tactics, which seeks high-level placements in relevant print, broadcast and online media. The plan should include measures for monitoring the success of any such campaign
- Proactive media relationship management, on-going development of positive media contacts with key trade, local, national and broadcast targets
- Issues/crisis management, ability to advise and support internal stakeholders, develop messages and deal calmly with media for crisis PR events or negative incidents
- News and features placement, sourcing and identifying news and potential story opportunities, including news hijacking tactics, to generate positive media coverage in target media
- Experience of working with a law firm is desirable but can include candidates who have worked for a PR consultancy with clients in the legal sector
- Confidence to deal with fee earners and partners, interpret their requirements and manage their expectations
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!