Media First are looking for someone with public relations or journalism experience to join our business development and account management team. We have been designing and delivering media, communications and leadership training for more than 30 years and need someone to help manage our growing list of big brand clients.
The successful applicant will work closely with new and existing clients to understand the communication challenges they face and to offer solutions through individually tailored training programmes.
They will receive full support in generating new business from qualified leads, warmed up prospects and lapsed customers to establish, take ownership of, and build new accounts.
- Managing existing client training needs and winning new business
- Working with the operations team to ensure an excellent client experience
- Attending briefing sessions with clients and understanding their requirements
- Writing tailored quotes, proposals, and reports
- Selecting appropriate trainers for each course and producing detailed pre-course briefings
- Managing and reviewing course feedback and liaising with clients to ensure quality of work remains to the highest standards
- A working knowledge or keen interest in media/PR and leadership training
- Relevant account management and/or business development experience
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- A great work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- Confidence and self-motivation
- A willingness to learn, be successful and contribute to a busy but fun working environment
Some of our benefits:
You probably want to know a bit about the people you would be working with. We are a small, friendly team which looks out for each other, works hard and has been known to play harder. We have a lot of autonomy in the way we work and everyone reports to the Managing Director. No politics, no nonsense.
- Basic salary of £27,500 and realistic OTE of £33,000 rising to circa £40,000 in year two
- Guaranteed commission for the first 6 months
- 21 days holiday per annum rising to 25
- Up to 2 days working from home once induction completed
- Free parking and central Reading location
- Company pension
- Fun, lively and supportive environment working with big brand names
We offer a competitive salary and bonuses, together with generous annual leave allowances and home working options.
To apply please get in touch with your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant experience.