Media & Communications Manager - Energy Trade Body (in-house)
We’re currently looking for a Media & Communications Manager for an Energy based trade body. The role cuts across all the functions of the trade body, with a core focus on communications - reporting direct to the Chief Executive and working closely with colleagues working in Policy and Public Affairs.
Membership includes utilities, developers, engineering, manufacturing, services, legal, advisory companies and education providers. Everything they do has a strong communications element to it with a view to influencing, inspiring and informing a range of key stakeholders.
The role requires a self-starting and resourceful individual with a strong background working in and with the media and an interest in energy policy and issues.
- Experience in communications and marketing
- Knowledge of and interest in energy and industrial policy, and an understanding of the developments in the electricity production and supply sector
- Understanding of marketing strategy and brand positioning
- Ability to develop good relationships with new and existing media and press contacts, including with specialist and energy industry, with experience of running successful PR campaigns.
- Demonstrable experience in social media and digital marketing, with an aptitude for innovative high impact communications across multi-media channels.
- Support the successful delivery of the trade body’s programme of activity through media activity, social media and marketing of events.
- Raise the profile within the general, specialist and sectoral media and with member companies and key stakeholders through proactive and reactive activity, developing social media presence and authoring and contributing to written articles, blog posts and other forums.
- Manage proactive and reactive media relations, including developing strong relationships with national and industry press contacts.
- Support a growing programme of events, working with external conference companies to manage and develop branding of events, identifying speakers and subjects and briefing conference hosts, developing and overseeing a programme of webinar and breakfast briefing events for member companies and interested non-members alike.
This is a fantastic opportunity and unique in-house role in the energy sector. To apply, or for more information, please send your CV to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Environmental Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Utilities Senior Account Manager Public Affairs / Policy Full Time jobs in London (Central)