Media Relations Manager [Corporate Comms/Crisis] – FMCG Retailer
Dream role for a corporate communications professional who loves media relations, crisis and issues.
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Media Relations Manager/Press Officer Manager, dealing with a hugely varied mix of crisis and issues that arise in its busy press office.
A FTSE 100 leader in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting developments.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Media Relations Manager/Press Officer Manager (Corporate Communications/Issues & Crisis)
This role has a heavy media relations focus and will see approximately 80% of your time taken up with reactive work, dealing with the busy press office. We’re looking for an experienced, media savvy press officer who can handle tricky and demanding journalists calling in about a huge variety of the issues and crisis this brand faces. Believe us when we say that no day is the same here and the variety you’ll get is huge!
Approximately 20% of the role will be working on more of a proactive strategy with the Head of Communications, however this is dependent on how much time the reactive part of the role takes up which is the priority.
Whist there are no direct reports, there is a junior member of the team who supports and so there is an element of guidance and management.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but in a nutshell we are looking for:
- Someone with in house experience – FMCG preferred but not essential
- A background in corporate communications, with a track record of dealing with media enquiries, crisis and issues in a fast paced, pressured environment
- Experience dealing with journalists from a broad range of outlets
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders
• A salary of up to £50,000 depending on experience
• Annual bonus up to 3.5% of annual salary
• Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
• A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
• Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
• Buy As You Earn Scheme
• Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Charlotte Bradshaw to discuss in strictest confidence. E: email@example.com
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Consumer Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- FMCG Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Utilities Senior Press Officer Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)