Fantastic opportunity for a talented PR manager to work for a progressive insurance firm based in sunny Kent.
Reporting into the Head of PR, and with the help of a PR assistant, this role is responsible for managing the company’s public profile. Your initial focus will be on reputation management for this fast-growing, and increasingly high-profile company. However you’ll also be responsible for getting the company’s name out there as a disruptor and leader of change in the insurance sector.
In the longer term, you’ll also be responsible for building and developing relationships with key journalists and stakeholders in the personal finance, travel and insurance sectors in order to protect and enhance the company’s reputation. Whilst the role is challenging it will also be hugely rewarding as there is scole to build the role, have real ownership in a collegiate forward thinking company with great benefits on offer.
They are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, flexible and by nature collaborative. If you consider yourself to be a creative thinker with good admin and planning skills this is an ideal role for you!!
- Develop and raise the company’s media profile, seeking coverage in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate corporate public relations activities across all channels – including traditional media, social media, website, content, in conjunction with other marketing functions
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests; designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source
- Research, write, edit and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Produce weekly media activity reports about and the travel insurance sector as a whole
- Develop the reputation measurement metrics for monthly internal reports
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential ‘crisis’, drafting statements and liaising with the business for sign off
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry aware
- Comprehensive corporate and reputation in-house or agency focused media relations and content experience
- Experience in corporate communications and dealing with reactive media inquiries
- Ability to support the consumer PR team and understand how brands work
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns in trade, specialist and national media
- Evidence of strong relationship-building skills to develop contacts in key target media
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Event planning experience
- Experience of working in the Personal Finance, insurance or travel sectors is desirable but not essential as it a background in journalism or related discipline
- Some understanding of public affairs and its role in working in tandem with PR
Key benefits include:
- Access to over 300 pick and mix benefits and discounts
- Discounts on company products including travel and gadget insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme via Perkbox
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Rising Star Mentoring Programme
- Extensive career development opportunities
- Vibrant social culture
If this role is not for you but can recommend someone who is suitable and can work in Kent then we are offering £150 of amazon vouchers for anyone you refer and we place in the role as a big thank you from us!