Marketing Communications Manager
Title: Marketing Communications Manager
Location: The Core, Bath Lane, Newcastle Helix, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5GF
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Competitive, subject to experience
Connected Energy is a world leader in the exciting fields of clean technology and circular economy.
We are the only company globally, to sell commercially viable energy storage systems that utilise 2nd life electric vehicle battery packs. We reuse batteries that are functional but no longer store enough energy to enable drivers to travel the range they need in their electric vehicles. Our collaborators include Renault, Nissan and Jaguar Land Rover.
Following major investments from Engie, Sumitomo Corporation, Macquarie Bank and Turquoise Capital we now aim to expand our business rapidly with a key emphasis on profile raising and sales growth.
We need an experienced, creative and highly motivated Marketing Communications Manager to drive initiatives linked to establishing our brand, raising our international profile to generate sales, supporting channel partners, educating customers and suppliers, improving internal communications and generally communicating our market and thought leadership position.
Several of our employees have invested in our business, we have raised investment from major global players, we have world leading technology and we need a star with experience drive and enthusiasm to help us make a noise about what is important to us.
Objectives of UK and international marketing communications activity:
- Raise our profile to create brand knowledge, recognition and following
- Educate customers, suppliers, partners and stakeholders
- Stimulate incoming sales enquiries
- Attract high quality potential employees
Roles and responsibilities:
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Strategy implementation
- Be part of an internal and external team developing and delivering the Sales and Marketing strategy and delivery plan.
- Work with agencies to develop powerfully differentiated brand concept
- Communicating, consolidating and strengthening our brand values and messages throughout
- Create a set of easily recognisable brand identifiers
- Liaise and build relationships with media representatives and PR contacts in CE’s partner organisations, including Renault, Engie, Sumitomo etc.
- Use press releases, articles, thought leadership pieces, white papers, stories etc to communicate with external parties
- Create and use a range of materials and media to educate and support channel sales partners and service and maintenance/installation partners.
- Implement an effective digital marketing strategy to continually feed information to the market and other key stakeholders.
- Create and develop sales support materials
- Upgrade the website so that it meets the requirements of CE’s mixed stakeholder group.
- Agency management
- Source and appoint third parties and agencies as required.
- Manage activities undertaken by external agencies and partners
- Manage third party budgets.
- Manage the delivery of events and participation in 3rd party events including exhibitions conferences, webinars etc
The successful and exceptional candidate will have:
- Exceptional skills and potential to ‘grab the bull by the horns’ and raise the profile of CE amongst stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a diverse marketing communications environment
- Experience of working collaboratively with major global partners on marketing communications initiatives
- A highly efficient, structured and motivated approach to work
- Experience of energy, clean tech, sustainability or other related industries
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- A good understanding of the “marketing mix” and the components of a marketing plan
- Hold a good degree and have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant marketing communications related position
- A commitment to driving sustainability objectives