Seedrs is a leading European marketplace for private equity investment. It allows all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. And it allows ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process.
Seedrs HQ is in London with offices in Lisbon, Amsterdam and Berlin. We are backed by top European VCs and over 2,500 of our own users. Seedrs is experiencing exceptional growth and are looking for superstars to join our team.
The PR team is growing and we are looking for a fun and hardworking PR professional to join us full-time in the London office. This role is focused on supporting media activity for companies fundraising on Seedrs. If you want to work in house for a scaling fintech business with the excitement of agency life, this is the role for you!
The Press Officer will manage crowdfunding campaign PR activity for the exciting startups raising on Seedrs. Working with a diverse and broad range of startups from every sector to generate buzz and awareness around their crowdfunding campaign, whilst leveraging their brand story, is the main role. Additional elements include:
● Support the Seedrs PR team on marquee campaigns - you will execute personalised PR
strategies for the big name brands raising on the platform
● Organise and co-host PR events for entrepreneurs and journalists
● Manage speaking opportunities and event attendance for the Seedrs Campaigns Team
● Continually look for opportunities and ways to develop the Campaigns PR function
● Promoting coverage to users on social media sites such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
● Collating reports and analysing media coverage and platform data
● Communicating with colleagues and key spokespeople
● Excellent grammar and writing skills
● Ability to curate intelligent press releases and media pitches in tight timeframes
● A creative mind, adept at finding the news hook whatever the company or brand
● Good grasp of topical affairs and what’s happening in the startup ecosystem
● Ability to juggle multiple campaigns and multiple stories at the same time
● Good relationships with tech, enterprise, business or consumer media
● Confident and personable on the phone and in meetings
● Great presentation skills
● Competent in excel and powerpoint
● Ability to communicate with CEOs and founders clearly and confidently
● Personable, self-starter, full of energy and great work ethic
● Willing to travel if required
● Experience with Signal Media, Roxhill, Google Analytics and Looker is a plus
- We’re looking for 1-2 years’ experience at a top PR agency
- Consumer, retail, digital or technology PR experience
- A basic understanding of early stage equity and fundraising with a keen willingness to learn
Salary & Benefits
You'll be working for one of the hottest startups in Europe with a top notch team. We don't compromise when it comes to hiring.
- Salary: £25,000
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Buy and sell holiday benefit.
- Subsidised Gym or ClassPass membership.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme.
- Discounted Smarterly ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee, cheese days and Friday drinks!
To apply, please submit your CV with a cover letter detailing why Seedrs, and the Press Officer role in particular, interests you.