External Communications Manager - unique role for global industrial company
This leading international industrial company is looking for an external communications manager with wide range of press contacts and an interest in international affairs. This is a newly created role where the job holder will be helping the company to extend its current international media engagement programme through developing and executing thought leadership campaigns around climate change, sustainability and innovation. The job holder should have superb diplomatic and influencing skills as they will be building relationships with senior management of the business across the world.
This Fortune 500 company is the world’s largest supplier of industrial raw materials and partners with infrastructure, construction, automotive, domestic appliances, and transport sectors. Its communications team has recently been restructured and is seeking additional support on external communications. The current focus of the external communications team is to expand the company’s profile as a leader in technological advancement and tackling international issues, especially around climate change and sustainability.
Key challenges and opportunities in PR Manager role:
- Generate positive media coverage of initiatives and programs to enhance the brand and reputation of the Company;
- Identify opportunites for the company to expand its current media engagement programme through developing thought leadership campaigns around climate change, sustainability, and innovation
- Identify and manage external risks that have potential to generate negative media coverage;
- Develop and manage of key media relationships with Tier 1 global financial and business media;
- Broaden the Company’s external communications efforts and identify conferences and speaking opportunities for Company leadership across a range of topics (climate change, public policy, innovation etc.)
- Take a leading role in developing and implementing the Company’s digital communications strategy
- Support the Company’s financial communications programme around financial results and shareholder events, alongside communications around mergers and acquisitions events
Key attributes and experience for this external communications Manager role:
- Corporate communications experience within an issues-rich industry
- Inhouse experience within a large and complex organisation will be preferred but agency experience will also be considered
- It’s likely that you are working as a Senior Account Director or Associate Director in an agency or currently as a PR Manager for a large, issue-rich company.
- It is ideal that you have listed company experience but this isn’t a requirement. Understanding of the City is useful
- Media contacts within climate change, carbon, innovation, sustainability, construction, environment are highly favourable for the role
- Highly diplomatic and able to influence senior management
To be considered for this External Communications Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Canace Wong on 02079039290 or Canace@the-works.co.uk, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -