Head of Communications
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well respected and impactful not for profit organisation as the Head of Communications. This is newly created role that provides the opportunity to make a big impact on the organisation and the work they carry out.
As the Head of Communications you will be responsible for developing and delivering the organisations external communications strategy with a focus on raising the brand and profile of the organisation and its work through press and broadcast media. You will lead a small and capable team to influence policy, raise important issues and inform key stakeholders. You will be responsible for;
- ensuring effective reactive and proactive communications activity to drive visibility of the organisation and increase their impact
- focus on all external communications channels including press, digital and traditional media
- promoting and maintaining the charities positive brand image
- driving marketing and communications with a business development focus, both in the UK and internationally
- managing senior stakeholders both internally and externally
- responsible for corporate and stakeholder communications
This is a broad communications role that would suit someone with the following background;
- excellent reputational management and press/media experience
- have worked within the not for profit, public, NHS or education sectors
- multi-channel, external communications including digital
- be confident working with research and understanding the impact
- strong line manager with excellent interpersonal skills
- knowledge of targeting different audiences including public sector, B2B and B2C
- some knowledge of influencing policy through communications would be useful
This is a permanent position based near Windsor and a 15 minute train journey from London Paddington. There is free parking on site and a good benefits package.
We are partnering with this leading charity exclusively so please apply today for further information on this position or similar roles we are recruiting.