Director of Communications
This is an exciting opportunity to join the SMT of a well known professional membership organisation as the Director of Communications. Reporting directly into the CEO you will be responsible for leading and developing the communications strategy for the organisation which will include marketing, web, policy, public affairs, public relations and internal communications. This will also include management of a small but highly functioning team.
On a day to day basis your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the Media, Public Affairs and Policy function – this is particularly important. As the Director of Communications you will be the most senior person in the organisation with this experience and you’ll lead on it.
- work closely with key internal stakeholders, such as membership services to make sure the teams are promoting the products and services in the right way for retention and acquisition purposes.
- work closely with the web team and produce content when necessary – particular to help the CEO and SMT
This is a broad communications role however it would be advantageous if candidates have some experience in Media, Public Affairs and Policy. This is really important for this client as some of the issues are very high profile.
It would be helpful if candidates have experience of working within a membership organisation but our client is willing to consider candidates from all backgrounds and those making a step up into a Director role.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Head of Group / Department Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Head of Group / Department Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Government Head of Group / Department Digital & Online Full Time jobs in London (Central)