Head of Community and Local Communications – FMCG retailer
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Head of Community and Local Communications – focusing on community engagement and communication with local communities around the UK.
A household name in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press and is one of the UK’s biggest brands. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting product developments – from launching vegan ranges, trialling artificial intelligence in-store and continuing to always diversify their product offerings.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Head of Community and Local Communications
This role is a very interesting and varied role, focusing on two core areas:
Local Community – overseeing and implementing a proactive approach to local stakeholder engagement; whether it’s dealing with serious issues such as terrorist attacks in the vicinity or more day-to-day local community issues
Community Engagement – leading the brand’s relationships with their core community programme partners including charities and social enterprises – ideal for someone with an interest in social purpose/CSR and community
We’re looking for someone with experience across national and local stakeholder engagement, as well as communications, as you’ll be highlighting and promoting the brand’s partnerships and charity/CSR efforts from donating millions of uneaten meals to donating money from bags for life to community schemes.
Team management/mentoring is also important as this role leads a team of seven; including managing an agency.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but key responsibilities will include:
- Shaping the brand’s community strategy by working with retail, customer and government relations teams so it aligns with the needs of the communities it serves and wider business objectives
- Overseeing and implementing a proactive approach to local stakeholder engagement - including local MPs, local authorities, and media, managing all local media enquiries
- Leading relationships with the brand’s core community programme partners
- Ensuring the team delivers consistently excellent results and programmes are easy for stores to implement
- Supporting the property team with the communication needed to deliver their objectives (including colleague briefings, community consultation and relationship with elected officials
- Managing the UK Community budget
- Managing the local PR agency
- A salary of £75,000 - £100,000 DOE
Annual bonus up to 45% of annual salary
- Private healthcare and health screening every 2 years
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- 10% savings in store
- A retirement savings plan – 6-10% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Charlotte Bradshaw to discuss in strictest confidence. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click ‘Apply Now’ to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne