PR Account Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
An incredible opportunity exists for a smart and savvy graduate calibre PR Account Manager with agency experience in corporate communications and PR to join this this dynamic and cutting edge digital communications consultancy. Part of WPP, the world’s largest media, marketing and advertising conglomerate, this business is looking to expand due to unprecedented growth and with a high-profile client list and dynamic culture this really is a fabulous time to join this business at this stage of its growth.
This role reports to the Reputation and Media Director and is a unique opportunity to help shape a developing part of our EMEA business.
We create commercial value by delivering campaigns and advisory work for companies and brands that operate in the full glare of the public spotlight and whose reputations shape their businesses.
We have deep industry expertise and advise on corporate content, integrated media strategy, digital and content production, marketing, crisis planning & response, research & analytics and government affairs.
The agency team consists of specialists in all areas of corporate reputation and includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists as well as dedicated sector experts.
We take pride in delivering exceptional work for our clients but, at our core, we are a non-hierarchical team who like to spend time together in and out of the office. We are relentlessly collaborative and supported by leadership who champion and celebrate our collective achievements.
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and motivated Corporate Communications Senior Account Executive with solid PR skills and experience working across Corporate/B2B clients or B2C.
• Strategic positioning and public affairs advisory support
• Press pitch and strategic storytelling development
• Executive Communications programme support including speaker bureau through to strategic partnerships, media and social media.
• Monitor media intelligence including analysis of coverage and report results to the wider team and clients
· Write press releases, news stories
· Develop media relationships national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online
· Project manage company wide client initiatives
· New business development enthusiasm a must
Skills and attributes required
• English language fluency: You need to have excellent written and spoken English.
• Collaborative: We are a tight team with experts coming together to work on our clients with different functional skills. A collaborative attitude and a can do mindset are important for success.
• Ability to think independently and show initiative
• Copywriting skills: You need to be hot on spelling, grammar and proof-reading, as well as have a creative flair for producing engaging copy.
• Presentation skills: From communicating ideas to your team to presenting stories to journalists, you need to organise information in a succinct and interesting way to capture their attention.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Whether it’s over the phone, by email or in person, PR is all about people, so you need to be approachable, friendly and empathetic, and be able to relate to people on different levels within the agency, with clients and with the media.
• Excellent telephone manner: You need to have the confidence to pick up the phone and speak to reporters and different stakeholders
• Time-keeping: You will often be working to tight media deadlines as well as meeting the demands and pressures of your team and clients, so you need to be able to work quickly and efficiently, without compromising on quality.
• Resilience: Things don’t always go to plan. Resilience and flexibility are valued qualities.
· Prior experience working in a PR or Public Affairs consultancy, press office or fast-paced media environment is preferable.
· A relevant undergraduate degree such as English Literature is desirable but not essential.
· PR qualifications from the PRCA or Chartered Institute of Public Relations can also boost your knowledge either as an alternative to a degree or at postgraduate level.
· A qualification in a second language, such as French, Spanish or German can also be useful.
Apply for PR Account Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly