Senior Comms Officer – In house – Tourism/Visitor Attraction – 12 Month Maternity Cover – Enfield
Senior Comms Officer – In house – Tourism/Visitor Attraction – 12 Month Maternity Cover – Enfield, North London - £34,500 pro rata
My client is looking for an experienced and capable Senior Communications Officer to create and run outstanding communications campaigns. They are an award-winning team responsible for 26 miles of world class sports and leisure venues - including three London 2012 Olympic legacy venues which are open for everyone to enjoy – and thousands of acres of glorious open space. They stretch from the Thames through Essex to Hertfordshire and attract over seven million visits a year through everything from major international televised sports tournaments to volunteer-led walks to school trips.
My client has ambitious plans, great stories to tell and some fantastic communications projects about to go live. These include proposals for a £30m ice rink, a scheme to bring a £40m inland surfing destination to London and a new nature and bird watching centre, as well as a host of events, activities and other programmes, so this really is an exciting time to join their five person communications team.
My client is looking for a Senior Comms Officer to provide maternity cover and who can get their news and messages noticed. You’ll create and implement compelling campaigns using the full range of PR and media tactics, including social media, to target consumer and stakeholder audiences. This is an all-round role and covers communications with the media and stakeholders, internal communications and some community consultation. You would ideally have experience in all of these. PR and media are the core skills of the post, but you’ll spend considerable parts of your day on communications targetting these other audiences. Although this role is part of a team, you’ll have responsibility for all aspects of your work – from planning activity, through to “selling in” to journalists, landing coverage, running internal communications, sending stakeholder updates and reporting on your work.
To be considered for this Senior Communications Officer position, you’ll need:
- Demonstrable strategic communications techniques and communications strategies
- A track record of developing and delivering annual communications plans
- Experience working at a similar level in an agency or in-house PR/Comms environment
- A good network of media, blogger and influencer contacts from a range of titles and platforms, and awareness of media and stakeholder agendas
- A track record of securing national, regional and specialist media coverage
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with strong attention to detail
- Effective relationship building and the ability to establish rapport and influence others
- Awareness of current/upcoming comms trends and a range of internal communications methods
- Experience of using social media in a professional communications context
- Ideally experience in tourism, sport, attractions or destination PR would be desirable, but not essential
- Issues and crisis communications experience
This position is based in offices in picturesque Victorian gardens near Enfield, North London and ideally you will have access to your own vehicle in order to get around the 10,000-acre park. My client offers a most competitive salary of £34,500 pro-rata including a car allowance.
Please forward your CV without delay and in complete confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Consumer Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Entertainment / Leisure Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- FMCG Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Travel and Tourism Senior Press Officer Digital & Online Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire