Partner - Communications
Hanbury was formed in September 2016 to provide political insight and strategic communications advice. We help organisations navigate our current time of global change, and manage all aspects of their public affairs and communications to help tell their story and shape public opinion.
Our team is what makes us unique. Our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe and have a track record of delivering victories against the odds. Our people have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016, and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems. In just three years we have established a reputation for excellence and doing things differently.
Hanbury has grown significantly since its formation three years ago. We are looking to take on an exceptional and ambitious Partner to head up our Communications team. Partners at Hanbury have responsibility for strategic client servicing, direction of a portfolio of clients and delivering client revenue (both organically and through new business). They drive the delivery of overall team targets, managing and developing the people in the team and raising the profile of the Hanbury’s expertise externally.
Responsibilities will include the following:
Strategic and Commercial
- Overseeing a significant client portfolio (driving each client forward and growing the revenue), sharing responsibility to set and achieve the overall team P&L targets and demonstrating an ability to price and deliver profitable programmes
- Leading client relationships across the portfolio, consistently under promising and over delivering, focussing on results not hours. Identifying and addressing client issues, staying on top of political and industry knowledge to underpin sound client counsel
Business Development and Marketing
- Generation and conversion of new business leads within the PA team (in partnership with rest of senior team). Playing a role in marketing PA, representing Hanbury at external events, actively networking and building relationships with industry influencers
- Creating a positive working environment where all members of the team feel able to contribute
- Line managing at least two team members with responsibility for professional development, progression and wellbeing. Setting clear expectations and goals for all team members and providing appropriate support
- Treating everybody in the team fairly and creating an environment where people feel supported and able to deliver their best work
- Investing in the culture of the business, supporting Hanbury’s values day-to-day and taking time to celebrate the successes of the team
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a strong track record across the full corporate communications skillset
- You will be a lateral thinking, self-starter, comfortable building teams and propositions in new areas, excited by a fast-paced environment
- You may have strong credentials having worked on leading brands at respected firms/agencies, equally you might have had exposure to market-making brands in pioneering sectors like fast-growth tech
- The new partner will be a highly credible professional with a keen interest in growing and shaping something new, different and exciting
- This partner will inspire, lead and manage the comms practice and, as a member of the firm’s leadership team, will act as a role model for the whole agency
Further details and benefits
- Office based position with working hours of 9.00am-6.00pm.
- 28 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and discretionary additional days off between the Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme in which Hanbury contributes a proportion of your monthly gross salary.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Second Home, the coworking office space in which Hanbury is currently based, which offers a range of additional complimentary benefits including cultural and wellness programmes.
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks of the closing date.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we are open to discussions about alternative working patterns or hours.