Public Affairs Associate Director
Hanbury is three years old and we’re growing fast. We are working for some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the UK and the world. Our team is what makes us unique. Our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe and have a track record of delivering victories against the odds. Our people have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016, and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems.
To help us grow even faster, this associate director will play a key role in delivering client excellence, growing the practice and the portfolio and helping to propel the firm forwards.
Hanbury has grown significantly since its formation. We are looking to bring on board an enthusiastic addition to the PA team, with significant proven experience working with or in the media or in an agency, leading teams advising clients from a variety of industries.
You will be adept at working across the full spectrum of PA activity, involved in a range of tasks and projects which might include:
- Proactively briefing stories to the media and dealing with reactive media enquiries
- Acting as the primary liaison for a range of PA and corporate communications clients
- Researching and sourcing information for clients
- Drafting press releases, opinion pieces, briefing notes and background information documents
- Working with our researchers and policy analysts to produce detailed pieces of original research and analysis
- Helping to develop long term media strategies and communications grids, and advising clients on press engagement
- Taking on day to day project management responsibilities, ensuring a high standard of work for client programmes
- Effectively managing teams to deliver against tight deadlines and supporting the development of junior colleagues
- Assisting the firm’s Partners in spotting opportunities to develop and grow the business, and contributing ideas and taking part in pitches for new clients
Hanbury is looking for driven individuals who will be:
- Excited to be part of a dynamic team, working with clients from a range of industries.
- Not afraid to break new ground and find new ways to solve old problems.
- Dedicated to producing high quality work and going the extra mile.
- Entrepreneurial in approach, with the ability to think on your feet.
- Interested in politics and the wider impact on our PA and corporate clients.
- Enjoy working with people with a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions.
- Personable, professional and a team player.
Further Information and Benefits
- This is an office-based position with regular working hours of 9am to 6pm.
- 28 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and discretionary additional days off between the Christmas and New Year period.
- A pension scheme in which Hanbury contributes a proportion of your monthly gross salary.
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Programme.
- Membership of Second Home, the coworking office space in which Hanbury is currently based, which offers a range of additional complimentary benefits including cultural and wellness programmes.
Should you be considered for interview, we will contact you by email within two weeks.
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we are open to discussions about alternative working patterns or hours.
Apply for Public Affairs Associate Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly