Executive – Government Advisory, Top PR Agency, Great Benefits
Portland is a fully integrated communications consultancy trusted by some of the highest profile organizations, governments and individuals in the world with global offices in Washington DC, Singapore, Doha and Nairobi, as well as in London.
We are pioneers in integrated communications campaigns help clients manage their reputation, improve their visibility and media coverage – and deliver global communications campaigns across multiple platforms.
Our teams of experienced and multilingual consultants invest time to understand clients from the inside out, work with them to set clear strategic direction, and then bring the whole of Portland’s abilities to bear to deliver their objectives.
At Portland we never rest on our laurels; we constantly strive to improve our work and be at the forefront of the industry.
With a team of former senior advisors from the highest level of British government and politics, the EU, the UN and the World Economic Forum, Portland has unrivalled first-hand experience of the complex interplay between government, politics, media, business and public audiences.
We work with our clients to help them devise and implement communications strategies as well as building capabilities within their organizations.
We are looking for an Executive to work for prestigious clients across government communications.
We are looking for someone who is able to work both independently and as part of a team to implement government communication strategies. The individual will require a good understanding of regional politics and media.
The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Helping to coordinate and manage relationships with key government clients
- Helping to devise and manage proactive and reactive media engagement strategies
- Monitoring major political developments in the region
- Tracking issues in the media, both internationally and locally
- Drafting a range of materials from press releases and opinion articles to political briefings and stakeholder letters
- Supporting and, where necessary, coordinating and managing media sell-ins
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Helping to organise and coordinate events, press conferences, photo calls, and political or media contact programmes
- Where necessary, participating in pitches and suggesting new lines of potential business
- Undertaking ad-hoc research to support new business proposals and pitches
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Have a good feel for communications work, with an interest in the daily news agenda and some experience of media handling
- Have a good understanding of Qatari and regional politics, as well as how politics intersect with the media
- Be organized with the ability to manage your own workload
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance
- Be enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’, proactive attitude
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Experience in the Gulf is desirable
- Arabic and/or French language skills are desirable
What we offer in return
- We are committed to employee development and have an open doors culture where you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business. We regularly reward and promote success, and actively encourage staff to take on new challenges and responsibilities to aid progression.
- Our remuneration package also includes our competitive pension contributions, private healthcare life assurance cover, company contribution to gym membership, wellbeing workshops and activities, company parties, free daily breakfast and much, much more!
- We are also happy to talk flexible working.
- In addition, every permanent member of staff that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading annual profit share. When Portland thrives, all of our people share in that success.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 3-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
More searches like this
- Associations / Institutions Senior Account Manager Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Industrial Senior Account Manager Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Charity / Voluntary organisation Senior Account Manager Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Account Manager Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Professional Services Senior Account Manager Business to Business Full Time jobs in London (Central)