Senior Media Relations Officer - Consumer Issues
A key role in the media relations team at this high profile organisation, you'll be responsible for the day to day running of the press office in addition to leading and delivering proactive initiatives to secure high-profile media coverage around a host of issues high on the public and political agenda.
Working extensively with national and trade media, both print and broadcast, you will:
- identify news opportunities and develop media campaigns while providing an effective, responsive press service;
- brief senior management on potential risks and issues;
- maintain the organisation’s reputation as an authoritative voice in its sector;
- produce media briefings for spokespeople;
- draft articles and op-eds for senior management;
- oversee the delivery of social media content and manage the organisation’s Twitter account.
The need is for someone proactive and driven with:
- a track record in front-line media handling in a busy press office environment;
- a keen news sense;
- strong writing skills;
- a flair for developing impactful campaigns and content.
You’ll enjoy turning complex issues into clear messaging and driving programmes through to successful completion and you’ll have the confidence and credibility to participate in broadcast interviews and provide support to junior team members. Experience of working on consumer facing initiatives would be ideal and you’ll be passionate about media in the round.
More searches like this
- Consumer Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- FMCG Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Press Officer External Affairs Full Time jobs in London (Central)