Head of Media Relations – FMCG retailer
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Head of Media Relations, heading up the press/media team of one of the busiest press offices outside government.
This role is the most senior position in the press team and ideal for someone who is highly experienced and passionate in meaty issues and crisis that large brands face.
A household name in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press and is one of the UK’s biggest brands. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting product developments – from launching vegan ranges, trialling artificial intelligence in-store and continuing to always diversify their product offerings.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Head of Media Relations
In this role, you’ll head up the media team of approximately 5 as the most senior point of contact. This is a highly reactive role (80%) that will see you at the coal-face of one of the largest retailers in the UK.
The brand deals with a vast and varying range of crisis touching everything from brexit, workers rights, business issues/rates, the war on plastic, to issues with products and customers. In the team’s own words “if you can think of it, we’ve dealt with it!”
We are looking for a seasoned media handler who can lead and develop a team but also be hands on and “get their hands dirty” when required. The team is fast paced but also have a great sense of humour and enjoy each other’s company.
In this role you will:
- Run a high performing and dynamic press office
- Manage the handling of media enquiries and ensuring accurate, rapid and well crafted responses
- Work collaboratively with the wider business to ensure relevant teams and stakeholders are engaged on media opportunities, issues and risks
- Work to develop press office and media capacity to continue to build strong relationships and cement reputational support to the business
You will have:
- Extensive reactive issues and crisis experience gained on large consumer facing brands
- Strong writing skills
- An enjoyment of working at pace
- In house experience preferred but agency backgrounds will also be considered
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- A salary of £75,000 - £100,000 DOE
- Annual bonus up to 45% of annual salary
- Private healthcare and health screening every 2 years
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- 10% savings in store
- A retirement savings plan – 6-10% contribution rate
Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please Apply Now or contact Charlotte Bradshaw to discuss in strictest confidence. E: email@example.com
Please note due to the high volume of applicants if you have not heard from one of us here in team London you have unfortunately not been selected on this occasion, we may be in touch in the future with other opportunities
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – Chicago – Los Angeles – London – Sydney – Melbourne
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Other Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Consumer Other Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- FMCG Other Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Retail / Wholesale Other Marketing Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)