Communications Manager [Media, Issues & Crisis] – FMCG Retailer
3 days left
- Contract Type
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen to join one of the biggest FMCG retailers as a Communications Manager, working in one of the busiest press offices outside government.
A FTSE 100 leader in the FMCG, Food & Drink and retail space, this company gets a huge amount of attention from the press. They continue to innovate to ensure they are ahead of the competition, with regular new initiatives and exciting developments.
The company HQ has a fantastic vibe – with an on-site gym, heavily subsidised cafes, football and basketball court, with suppliers regularly setting up pop up food and drink stalls. The culture is trusting and flexible – as long as you get your work done, there’s no clock watching - giving you an incredible work life balance on top of a great benefits package that ensures employee retention remains incredibly strong.
The Role – Communications Manager
This is a highly reactive role (80%) that will see you at the coal-face of one of the largest retailers in the UK.
The brand deals with a vast and varying range of crisis touching everything from brexit, workers rights, business issues/rates, the war on plastic, to issues with products and customers. In the team’s own words “if you can think of it, we’ve dealt with it!”
We are looking for a seasoned media handler who can handle tricky and demanding journalists calling in about a huge variety of the issues and crisis this brand faces. You’ll be the sort of person who loves media relations and thrives on solving problems. Strong writing is also a must as you’ll need to craft accurate and well written responses.
Rest assured, it's not all crisis and problem solving, the team also have a lot of fun and laughs with their roles so a team player who wants to work in a friendly environment is also a must.
A full job spec can be provided upon application but in a nutshell we are looking for:
- Someone with in house experience, working with large, consumer facing brands
- A track record of dealing with media enquiries, crisis and issues in a fast paced, pressured environment
- Experience dealing with journalists from a broad range of outlets
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders
- A salary of up to £60,000 depending on experience
- Annual bonus up to 3.5% of annual salary
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day
- A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Buy As You Earn Scheme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Charlotte Bradshaw to discuss in strictest confidence. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Communications Manager [Media, Issues & Crisis] – FMCG Retailer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Business / Industrial Senior Press Officer Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Consumer Senior Press Officer Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- FMCG Senior Press Officer Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Media and New Media Senior Press Officer Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)
- Retail / Wholesale Senior Press Officer Corporate Communications Full Time jobs in London (Greater)