Vice President of Global Marketing and Communications
Are you a Communications and Marketing leader in the tech sector looking for a new challenge? Have you set up and run a Corporate Communications function from scratch?
My client is a rapidly-growing, global tech business with a need for a senior Corporate Communicator to set up and lead a brand new Communications and Marketing function.
This is a blank sheet with the ability to build a team and create a strategy to protect and enhance the brand and reputation with media, employees, clients and external stakeholders.
- Create and lead a Media relations, governmental and investor engagement strategy
- Responsible for the development of the company narrative, including its external adaptation for media, customers and investors
- Manage members of the Marketing, Corporate Communications, and External Relations teams to ensure full alignment and integration
- Manage and direct external agency support
- Identify and manage all client engagement and events
- Develop yearly marketing plan to support sales activity and new opportunities
- Create, maintain and communicate a crisis communication policy
- Develop and implement a brand strategy that will position the company distinctly in the market
- Work with senior executives to raise their profiles, advising, briefing and influencing at a senior level
- Proven experience of setting up and building Corporate Communications function in a global and innovative context
- Integrated and forward thinking digital first, content approach to communications and marketing with experience across internal and external comms
- Must have change management / transformation experience
- Adaptable work styles with a broad variety of people from different cultures and disciplines – must have experience in global, matrix organisations
- Strong personal and professional character and integrity; high levels of stamina, energy and enthusiasm
- Some travel will be required
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with five offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industry supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.