Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in Public Affairs for some years' Hanbury is a fast-growth consultancy with brilliant people and stellar clients. Hanbury is a strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to help businesses navigate a time of global change; manages all aspects of communications to help firms tell their story; and builds winning campaigns to help shape public opinion.
Public Affairs at Hanbury
We are working for some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the UK and the world. Our team is what makes us unique. Our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe and have a track record of delivering victories against the odds. Our people have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016, and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems.
We are seeking an enthusiastic new recruit with experience in a comparable role at a UK agency. You will have a keen interest in the media, politics and campaigns. With a track record of delivering for clients, managing account teams, and supporting business development, you are now ready to leave your comfort zone and join a dynamic team at an important time in our growth.
Associate Directors develop forward-looking strategies, activities and client programmes and oversee their execution with minimal involvement from Directors or Partners.
- Manages the overall client relationships on at least two accounts
- Oversees and quality controls the work of more junior members of the team
- Ensures that all KPIs on all accounts are optimal for client
- Plans and manages projects and campaigns from end to end
- Has developed good advisory skills which clients respect but also knows when to seek senior counsel
- Is consistently focussed on adding value to clients and recognises opportunities to extend the relationships
Business Development and Marketing
- Leads review/additional pitches to existing clients, maximising the opportunities for additional projects and fees
- Has good presentation skills and plays a significant role in pitches
- Plays a very active role in the development of well-structured and creative new business proposals and pitch presentations working closely with senior colleagues
- Actively networks and builds relationships with external influencers and potential new business leads
- Is actively contributing to Hanbury’s new business programme, contributing ideas, networking, credentials and competitive pitch meetings
Leadership & Development
- Gives final approval of work created by more junior colleagues, providing coaching and feedback where applicable
- Successfully manages junior colleagues on accounts, including delegation, motivation, supervision and development
- Line manages direct reports, supporting their development and ensuring they have a clear understanding of their potential progression at Hanbury
- Takes ownership of their personal development, has a clear understanding of areas for improvement and invests time in developing these
- Supports everybody within the team and treats everyone fairly and with respect
- Shares feedback and contributes ideas to help develop the culture
- Takes time to invest in the culture of the business and celebrate the successes of the team
- Is a positive advocate for Hanbury both internally and externally
- Understands and respects confidentiality
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV (no covering letter) and answer the following questions in your email;
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge/successfully influenced someone? (300 words max)
- What achievement are you most proud of in your career thus far? (300 words max)
- What impact will the Covid-19 crisis have on the UK Government’s agenda over the next five years? Which policy changes are likely to be realised? We are looking for facts and reasonable, well explained predictions on what’s likely to happen and what are the main indicators to watch. (1 page max)
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process or ultimately in employment.