Described as 'one of the most exciting start-ups in Public Affairs for some years' Hanbury is a fast-growth consultancy with brilliant people and stellar clients. Hanbury is a strategic advisory firm that provides political analysis and insight to help businesses navigate a time of global change; manages all aspects of communications to help firms tell their story; and builds winning campaigns to help shape public opinion.
Public Affairs at Hanbury
We are working for some of the biggest and most exciting companies in the UK and the world. Our team is what makes us unique. Our experienced campaigners and communications professionals have advised CEOs, major investors, Prime Ministers and Cabinet Ministers across Europe and have a track record of delivering victories against the odds. Our people have been on the winning side in the UK General Election of 2015, the EU Referendum of 2016, and the French Presidential Election of 2017. We use this experience to advise and guide others through their most complex and challenging problems.
We are seeking an enthusiastic new recruit with two to three years’ experience in a comparable role at a UK agency. You will have a keen interest in the media, politics and campaigns. With a solid grounding in UK public affairs, and proven experience of delivering for clients, you are now ready to leave your comfort zone and join a dynamic team at an important time in our growth.
Senior Executives drive the day-to-day programme of work across a portfolio of client accounts with guidance and assistance from senior colleagues.
- Under promises and over delivers – always looks for opportunities to exceed client and team expectations and focuses on results not hours
- Acts as day to day lead on small, straightforward accounts, fostering positive client relationships and servicing the account to time – taking accountability for ensuring actions are recorded allocated and actioned effectively
- Has experience of working on at least three different accounts with different team members
- Understands the targets and KPIs for client accounts and proactively suggests appropriate ideas and initiatives to help meet them
- Contributes positively to client meetings
- Takes responsibility for delivery of status reports and other client reporting
- Can work ideas into a concept rationale to present to a client
- Able to undertake independent research tasks and complete them to a high quality
Business Development and Marketing
- Has a growing understanding of how to create proposals and with guidance, is able to identify and link client business objectives to communications objectives and specific tactics
- Has good presentation skills and can play a role in pitches
- Demonstrates very good contribution to internal meetings and brainstorms with evidence of prior research and thinking
- Has started to build their own external network
Leadership & Development
- Takes ownership of their personal development, seeks out and pursues appropriate opportunities for relevant training
- Demonstrates ability to work successfully with junior colleagues including delegation and time management
- Works successfully with senior colleagues, flagging issues and making recommendations where appropriate
- Takes time to attend external events to increase knowledge and understanding of relevant sectors
- Raises any concerns directly with line manager or a partner in a timely and constructive manner
- Supports everybody within the team and treats everyone fairly and with respect
- Shares feedback and contributes ideas to help develop the culture
- Takes time to invest in the culture of the business and celebrate the successes of the team
Email email@example.com with your CV (no covering letter) and answer the following questions in your email;
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenge/successfully influenced someone? (300 words max)
- What achievement are you most proud of in your career thus far? (300 words max)
- What impact will the Covid-19 crisis have on the UK Government’s agenda over the next five years? Which policy changes are likely to be realised? We are looking for facts and reasonable, well explained predictions on what’s likely to happen and what are the main indicators to watch. (1 page max)
Hanbury Strategy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender or gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or sexual orientation. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process or ultimately in employment.