Press & PR Officer
Permanent / Full-Time and Maternity Cover
Internal promotions and growth within the team providing first-class, multi-channel communications for a growing police force have led to a great opportunity opening for a flexible and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of a Press and PR officer for Essex Police.
If you are media savvy, with a proven track record in the world of press and PR, then we would like to hear from you.
Working as part of a seven day a week Rota, this is a challenging role that requires you to develop professional relationships with journalists and manage media enquiries on a local, regional and national basis.
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as a good understanding of policing and be able to identify opportunities to promote good work undertaken by Essex Police.
You will also take on responsibility, as a media advisor to senior detectives and chief officers on complex and serious and complex cases and critical incidents.
As a successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate consistently strong decision making, integrity and professionalism, and have a real belief in public service.
You will work closely in support of the Senior Press & PR Officer and Press Office Manager, the web and social media team and the wider Corporate Communications Team.
What we are looking for:
At shortlisting we will be looking for the essential evidence of:
- Recognised qualification in journalism, PR or marketing, or relevant journalistic or media relations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrate consistently strong decision making, integrity and professionalism, and have a real belief in public service
- Proven experience in providing expert guidance to others and the ability to influence
In addition, it would be desirable if you could evidence:
- Working knowledge of media law.
- Experience in a similar field – public sector communications or emergency service communications
There are two permanent roles available as well as a maternity cover position.
For further information about this role please contact Donna Veasey, Press Office Manager by email: email@example.com
Closing date: 11th August 2020.