Media and PR Manager
Media and PR Manager
Central London (initially home based due to COVID-19)
Our client is the leading charity working towards a world where human diseases are cured faster without animal suffering. By pioneering excellence, inspiring and supporting scientists and influencing change, they are improving medical research and putting an end to animal testing.
By 2040, they aim to transform medical research and regulation in the UK so that the development of treatments for human diseases can be entirely animal free and breakthroughs can be achieved faster.
Our client is currently looking for a Media and PR Manager to join them on a part-time basis, working 21 hours per week.
- Salary of £36,000 pro rata
- Flexible/home working options
- Join a charity that places ethics at the heart of science
- Contribute to the development of our client’s brand
If you have experience of co-ordinating a busy media office and securing high-profile coverage, this is an exciting opportunity to support a ground-breaking charity in their mission to abolish animal testing.
You will have the chance to shape our client’s PR plan and support the delivery of their strategic objectives by driving awareness of their work and elevating their brand value and impact.
This is a unique opportunity to help end animal suffering and transform the way in which disease is combatted. If you think you could make a difference as part of this award-winning team, our client wants to hear from you.
As the Media and PR Manager, you will increase awareness and support for our client’s charity and manage their media desk to secure positive coverage.
Reporting to the Director of Fundraising, Marketing and Communications, you will:
- Develop and manage relationships with high-profile supporters, celebrities, journalists and influencers
- Deliver PR campaigns to increase awareness from B2B and B2C audiences
- Manage the charity’s brand
- Help to develop and deliver a fundraising, marketing and communications strategy
- Identify ways to educate target audiences and progress public debate
- Manage the out-of-hours media phone
To be considered as the Media and PR Manager, you will need:
- Proven experience of successfully co-ordinating a busy media office and securing high-profile coverage
- Experience of stewarding relationships with journalists, celebrities and influencers
- Previous experience of writing effective press releases and editorial pieces and generating positive media coverage across a broad range of issues from science, research, policy and/or regulation to consumer lifestyle
- Experience of delivering successful multi-channel PR campaigns to increase audience awareness and engagement
- Experience of producing relevant reports and dashboards for senior colleagues, with appropriate recommendations
- Excellent copywriting skills, including the ability to work to a brief, simplify complex information and tailor output to meet the needs of different audiences and channels
- A degree (or equivalent)
PR and/or media training or qualifications would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role PR Manager, Media Manager, Media Office Manager, Public Relations Manager, or PR Campaign Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 1st September 2020. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the 16th September 2020.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Media and PR Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.