Director of Communications
Ofgem works on behalf of energy consumers to ensure that every household and business in the UK can rely on a safe, affordable and environmentally sustainable energy supply making a difference to people’s lives now, and for generations to come. We offer a diverse range of flexible working career opportunities: roles that are stimulating and rewarding. It is important to us that we recruit from a wide range of professional and personal backgrounds – bringing different perspectives and experiences to our work.
The Director of Communications will play a pivotal role at the heart of Ofgem by providing clear leadership and direction to the Communications function in order to enhance Ofgem’s decision-making across the organisation. They will build their external reputation and public profile, as well as leading on internal communications, in order to support Ofgem in delivering a better energy market for consumers and drive towards net zero carbon emissions.
The successful candidate will have extensive senior level experience in a communications role within the private, public or third sector. They will be an inspiring leader with a background and knowledge in strategic leadership and senior decision making. They will have experience of working with Boards and senior officials and making a positive impact with a range of senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
• A high degree of accountability to the CEO for strategic communications delivery
• Develop and execute public and internal communications strategies, programmes and messaging to facilitate awareness, understanding and engagement among key stakeholders, industry and consumers
• Provide communications counsel for the Ofgem executive, including board members, operational leaders and heads of function
• With the support of your team, brief, coach and provide expert support to senior leadership on speeches, media interviews and public appearances and anticipate media and consumer information needs
• Effectively lead communications around crisis situations or reputational risks by working closely with stakeholders and providing authoritative strategies
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes; 30 days annual leave. Excellent training and development opportunities. The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements which include a valuable range of benefits. Flexible working hours and family friendly policies. Subsidise gym, cycle to work scheme and interest free season ticket loans.
If you’d like to apply for this role or learn more, you can register your interest to attend our online open evening on 1st September at 16.30. It’s a great opportunity for you get to know us better in an open and informal Q&A session.