We have a great opportunity for an experienced External Communications Manager to join a leading business in the Automotive/Manufacturing industry.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering the B2B External Comms strategy for the business using a multi channel approach and with an international remit.
- Deliver proactive and reactive multi-channel external communication activities, including PR, Media Relations, Public Affairs, CSR & Sustainability and Sponsorship & Events.
- Keep abreast of the industry landscape, providing intelligence and insights on industry, policy, regulatory, political, stakeholder landscapes, agendas, issues and networks.
- Maintain and build the reputation of the business, helping to plan and respond for any crisis comms/reputational risks.
- Work with and manage external and international agencies.
- Support on Investor Relations and Financial Communications for the group.
- Deliver and develop the business’ corporate narrative.
- Working with technical experts, you will be responsible for translating complex technical information into easy to understand engaging content/communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with key media.
- Proven experience in External Communications, working with media and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of corporate communications best practice, including strong working knowledge of corporate public relations; crisis communications & issues management; and external communications.
- Ability to manage an integrated multi-channel Comms and Marketing strategy.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, experience working at senior levels (C-suite) within a large, global, organisation within a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Excellent communicator with impeccable writing skills and ability to be a strong story teller.
- Prior experience in Financial PR would be advantageous.
- B2B PR experience.
- Background in engineering or manufacturing is highly desirable, this could be from either agency or in-house experience.
VMAGROUP is a leading international interim and permanent recruitment and executive search specialist for communications, digital and marketing. Specialist practices cover internal and change communications, external communications, investor relations, public affairs, marketing, digital and agency services.
VMAGROUP has an international presence with offices across Europe. We have a reputation for providing leading consultancy services and advice supported by in-depth knowledge of the professions we recruit for. Our thought leadership and benchmarking studies have become go-to resources for the communications and marketing industries supporting planning and decision-making.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.