Do you love reputation management and delivering strategic media relations campaigns for cross sector clients?..... then this could be an ideal role.
Our client a leading independent strategic corporate communications and public affairs consultancy is looking for a talented B2B and corporate comms Senior account executive or newly promoted Account manager to join their successful media and communications team.
You will be part of a dynamic, hard-working and high-achieving team working across top tier accounts, spanning the creative industries, transport, construction, health, infrastructure, financial services and charities. Your role will include working on campaigns, media relations, media planning, digital communications and issues management.
The ideal candidate will have two to three years’ relevant PR experience working in a communications agency at senior account level or entry level Account manager, or at a similar level for an in-house communications team. You will have a strong understanding of what a news story is, how news stories are constructed by journalists and PR teams, and how the news agenda works across multiple platforms, including broadcast, print and digital.
You will be expected to support on social media and digital activity, including content creation, engagement on social networks, and use of multimedia channels for effective campaigning.
A snapshot of the role:
- Drafting and selling in press materials to trade, print and broadcast media
- Contributing to the development of strategic communications and campaign planning
- Advising clients on the media agenda
- Drafting media comments, Q&As and key message documents on important issues
- Building media contact lists on behalf of clients
- Media monitoring, research and coverage metrics
Ideal skills required:
- An excellent writer who can write in a number different styles e.g. blogs, op-eds, eye-catching tweets, press releases, quotes and speeches;
- Positive, with a can-do attitude and interested in the UK media landscape and digital sphere;
- Organised, with strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Proactive, good at coming up with ideas for creative campaigns and news stories;
- A creative thinker when it comes to selling in stories to the media;
- Fluent in digital media – comfortable using multiple platforms and considering how they might be used to help our clients achieve their objectives;
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience with photo/video editing;
- Experience producing podcasts;
- Understanding of UK politics / the policy environment
Whats on offer?
Opportunity to work in consultancy offering a collegiate culture.
The scope to work cross sector projects involving classic media relation as well as reputation and crisis management, campaigns led initiatives and digital communications.
Bespoke personal development plan for every staff member, which involves a mixture of internal and external training
Opportunity to be seconded inhouse with key clients where the opportunity arises.
Generous benefits package including healthcare, 25 days holiday and up to 10% bonus dependant on performance.