Public Affairs Officer
Are you talented and ambitious? We are looking to add to our dynamic team and this is a great opportunity to work on one of the most valuable and iconic brands in the world. This role will support the Head of Public Affairs in understanding and navigating the political and policy landscape on behalf of the business and our franchisees. You will be required to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the McDonald’s business and the impact we make nationally and locally and will, at times, be required to represent the brand and the Corporate Affairs department at internal and external meetings.
What Team will I be a part?
You will be part of the Corporate Affairs function in the UK & Ireland reporting directly to the Head of Public Affairs. The team is made up of: public affairs, corporate communications and consumer PR, internal communications and regional communications. The role of the Corporate Affairs is to:
- Promote and protect the business
- Enable the business plan
- Strengthen trust and build brand engagement
- Partner across the business to support multiple functions including with our franchisees
- Develop new foundations to engage our people
- Lead issues and supervise risks
- Provide external perspective and identify emerging trends, threats and opportunities
Who are my customers?
You will be working and building relationships with franchisees, internal audiences, agency partners and political and policy partners. At times, you may be required to support other work streams across the wider
What background do I need to have?
- The ideal candidate will have between two to four years in a public affairs/communications role (or similar) either in-house, an agency or in a legislative body
- You will be detailed oriented, curious and resilient
- You will write clearly and concisely in multiple formats for different audiences and be able to distil
key information into informative briefings for senior leaders
- You will be able to build relationships, work cross-functionally and across multiple levels of the business
- You will have the ability and experience in analysing and understanding the business impact of regulation or policy decisions