A unique opportunity to work at a leading independent international strategy and communications agency as a governmental senior advisor in Dubai. As a senior professional with extensive experience in communications and/or government affairs you will be providing direct communications support to high profile clients across the Middle East.
You will have the diplomacy skills to work in an environment that adopts high discretion due to the high-status nature of the work. Experience and gravitas to work with senior officials, journalists, diplomats and civil servants is essential.
- Delivery of direct strategy and communications advice and support to clients, using experience and understanding of the geopolitical landscape to inform client content and advice
- Design, manage and implement targeted strategy and communications campaigns
- Account lead with overall responsibility for the account, serving as primary liaison to the client, managing Work in Progress and delegation of tasks, oversight of all briefings and documents to the client and strategy development and activation. Ensure quality control of all products
- Provide political, economic and investment analysis of current and emerging regional issues and trends for the client, thereby informing communications advice and campaigns
- Responsibility for media, stakeholder and influencer relations – identifying key media, map of engagement and support in cultivating relationships. With the ability to deliver sensitive briefings and manage interactions
- Lead on proposals for new business pitches and contribute to presentations to prospective clients; produce compelling presentations (using tools such as PowerPoint) to a high standard – including content and appropriate design
- Actively seek new business leads through existing contacts and networking.
Leadership & Management
- Actively seek to develop the skills of staff you line manage, conducting regular feedback meetings and formal reviews
- Manage delegation of work to staff on the accounts which you lead whilst empowering staff and taking account of developmental needs and capacity
- Responsibility for financial management of allocated accounts.
- At least 10 years’ experience in communications; government experience
- Good understanding of the dynamics and work of governments
- Excellent writing skills
- Leadership skills – experience of managing and developing staff
- Excellent IT skills, including Word, PPT and Excel
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Analytical skills and tactical judgement
- Strong knowledge of international affairs and the Middle East
Why work here
Work at the heart of the most high-profile (and often confidential) international strategic and governmental communications campaigns
Be part of an independent consultancy with a collegiate culture
Have a genuine input and impact on the business
Progress with a clear and achievable path to partnership