This specialist integrated healthcare/medical communications has two primary divisions; medical education and public relations. Part of one of the largest communications networks and sister agency to the healthcare division of a Top 5 Global PR agency, this firm offers clients high-level insights into the ever-changing commercial landscape through strategic, educational, behavioral change and engagement programmes.
This firm is always on the lookout for great talent, and has seen amazing client growth this year 0 they are excited to open this opportunity for a strong healthcare-focused PR Account Director to join their family. They are looking for someone entrepreneurial, who has strong expertise in healthcare communications and is eager to build on that experience at a dynamic agency. You will primarily be responsible for 1 major global account within the respiratory therapy area and 1 global/EUaccount focused on ophthalmology, in addition to a mix of smaller UK and EMEA accounts. You’ll be an ambassador both internally & externally, however, they want the successful candidate to join and make the role their own by being brave in their approach and authentic in their decisions.
What will you be doing?
· Lead the day-to-day management of clients’ campaigns and teams to drive the business forward.
· Lead the development of strategic programmes, reviewing, amending, and finalizing activity with the client.
· Manage all project timelines ensuring that they’re delivered on time and on budget.
· Position yourself as the go-to for your clients. Be their Superhero.
· Contribute to and new business pitch presentations.
· Inspire and motive your team to produce their best work.
· Advise your clients on the best strategy and be comfortable with interacting with a range of personalities.
· Think of the future, how the client and their programmes will adapt to the ever-changing environment.
Who are you?
You are a successful Account Director in a PR agency or a strong Senior Account Manager looking to make a step-up and have a wealth of healthcare and comms expertise, looking to consolidate and build upon your current knowledge.
· Excellent experience, at Account Director level (or a confident Senior Account Manager ready to take the leap to the next level) and have worked at successful Healthcare agencies previously.
· You have exceptional writing abilities, are able to produce well-structured, medically sound copy across the content spectrum.
· Have a strong roster of third party contacts relevant to the role.
· A stickler for figures and budget management, we don’t need a Wizard but you’ve got to know how to use a wand.
· Great understanding of NHS and EU health systems
· You’re a leader that isn’t afraid to jump into the trenches
· Have lead and serviced accounts to a minimum value of £300K
Even Better if:
· A scientific background is very desirable
· Able to work across all disciplines of PR healthcare with comfortable confidence.