Who are we?
At Fy! our purpose is to empower creativity. People come to Fy! to discover unique and wonderful things and to realise their creative vision for their home. Our mission is to make the world of design discoverable, affordable and instantly accessible.
For designers, artists and brands, Fy! is a way to share their creative vision and convert it into income. Fy! lets them build a brand, a business, and a life doing what they love. So far Fy! ships over 150k products from 2,000 creators to over 30 countries - with free shipping and returns! But we're just getting started
One of Europe's fastest growing consumer brands, we are an ambitious team of creators, designers, analysts and coders split between offices in London, Berlin and Zoom. We're backed by top European & US VCs and angels who've previously worked in or invested in businesses such as Deliveroo, Thread, Instacart, Superawesome and ASOS to name a few.
We're now looking for an experienced consumer PR pro to come in and make us famous and tell our story in the UK, US and beyond. Could this be you?
You'll be our first hire into PR and communications and will take responsibility for creating, developing and executing communications strategies that tell the Fy! story for our key stakeholders - consumers, suppliers, influencers / content creators, potential team members and investors.
Over time you'll be required to hire a high performance PR team to cover PR in UK, US and European markets.
What you'll be up to
You'll be responsible for PR and Comms at Fy! so we'll expect you to take full ownership of the area and determine the best way to make us famous, credible and experts in the UK, US and Europe but this could include:
- Develop a strategic PR and communications vision and strategy for Fy! for our key stakeholders (consumers, suppliers, influencers / content creators, potential team members and investors)
- Work with our senior team and brand agency to develop a differentiated position and messaging for the Fy! story
- Build relationships with key media and industry influencers
- Hiring, developing and managing a PR Manager for the US
- Set up and oversee a proactive press office and day-to-day media relations incl. product placement strategies and managing inbound media requests for samples, imagery and gifting
- Plan, budget and host press events (remotely and in-person if and when possible)
- Develop content for press releases, Q&As, talking points, briefings, and media pitches on relevant Fy! product releases
- Tracking and reporting on the impact and success of PR
- Position relevant Fy! spokespeople as subject matter experts in, for example, the future of shopping, home & living trends and technology...
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost you've got a track record of achieving consistently outstanding results in PR and comms. You're one of the best and know it. More specifically:
- You've got 5+ years in-house or agency experience in consumer PR, ideally working in or on a high growth tech or scale up businesses
- You've got a proven track record in delivering out-sized results for consumer businesses
- You've got a deep network of existing press relationships and a strong understanding of the media and digital landscape in the UK and, ideally the US
- You're able to think strategically about comms but you're also a doer
- You're a self-starter are tenacious at getting things done and are motivated by hitting ambitious goals in creative ways
- You've got outstanding written, presentation and verbal communications skills and know how to use them to influence and inspire people
- You've got proven people management and development expertise - you know how to hire great people and grow them into stars
- You're details-oriented and used to thriving in a fast-pace, deadline-driven environment
- This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in growth in Europe.
- Impact and influence - you’ll be joining a small but high performance team to build and develop a global function. You’ll have an immediate, high impact on the business.
- An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Zalando, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, TicTail…)...
- You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital brand - marketing, product, ops, engineering etc.